- The syntax is flexible and uses only a handful of keywords, plus functions and objects.
- The language includes standard control flow structures (if/else, while, do, switch, throw).
- A beginning programmer would also have an easier time understanding a number of other popular languages, including Java, C#, and C++.
- Node is free and easy to install on all the popular desktop operating systems.
- Node has a REPL for interactive programming
- Node has a large universe of packages to build anything from a web server to desktop applications.
- Node projects follow simple file system conventions.