Email : poonam@OdeToCode.com
Over 15 years of varied experience ranging from mainframes to PC’s, from web application development to database administration to network administration. Experienced in full system development life cycle from analysis to design and architecture to development and finally testing and training.
03/2002 – present A heath care ISV in Columbia, MD
We., provides web based solutions for the health care industry. As Sr. Software Engineer I was recruited to develop their Business analysis solution, targeting both financial and clinical data for hospitals. I was responsible for the design and architecture of their web application, using C#, Asp.Net ADO.Net, SQL Server and Analysis Server. My responsibilities include :
§ Interfacing with the business specialists and clients to solidify requirements and scope the development effort
§ Provide Time and Cost Estimates for additional feature development as well as custom work required by our clients
§ Design our Data warehouse, development and implementation of the data extracts from existing OLTP systems into the warehouse.
§ Monitor database efficiency and query performance so as to ensure that queries run in the web time frame. Currently the size of the warehouse at client sites range from 10GB to 40GB.
§ Develop and implement database maintenance scripts
§ Develop a web based application in C# to query the Data warehouse
01/2001 – 01/2002 Ultraprise Loan Technologies, Frederick, MD
As a Sr. Software Engineer, my responsibilities include :
· Development and maintenance of VB COM objects.
· Development of stored procedures using T-SQL for SQL Server 2000.
· Re-configuring the IIS setup
· Ensuring that the ‘look & feel’ of the product was style sheet driven
· Ensuring that Company branding was database driven
· Making sure that the ASP pages were modularized, based on database parameters
· Ensuring cross-browser compatibility (Netscape 4 and above IE 4 and above)
07/1996 – 12/2000 Compuware Corporation,
Compuware Proffessional Services Division
As Technical lead determined project requirements, developed and implemented Compuware’s internal applications. These included :
· A Contact Management System for the Baltimore Washington Branch Sales team using MS-SQL-7 and VB components and ASP. This was hosted on NT4.0 and IIS4.0. This system was used by the account executives for establishing the match between consultant’s skills and the client’s requirements.
· A web based skills inventory system hosted on an internal Windows NT4.0 Server with IIS 4.0. This system was used by the account executives for establishing the match between consultant’s skills and the client’s requirements. The system was written using ASP and a SQL 6 database
· Designed and developed an intranet website including a document management system for the Baltimore & Washington Branch office using HTML, ASP, and VBScript and ACCESS databases.
Responsible for Y2K remediation, programming and testing of COBOL, DB2 and Eztrieve programs for multiple business applications. Converted existing Legacy COBOL programs to COBOL II by building File-Aid and Clist utilities to automate the conversion process.
As a Systems Analyst, I was responsible for evaluating the existing system and making the modifications required to incorporate the needs of the new organizations acquired during PHH’s merger with HFS Corporation. This included the conversion from DATACOM/DB to DB2 on the IBM 390.
Worked as part of the development team of this consultancy, providing IT solutions for multiple clients including Carriers India, Bank of India and Precision Fasteners a subsidiary of Unbrako
07/1982 – 09/1984 Hinditron Computer Systems Ltd.,
As part of a development group, provided business solutions for clients of DEC (Digital Equipment Corp.) as well as for an in-house DP center with PDP-11/34, PDP-11/23 and VAX 11/780 systems that functioned as the complete computer support resource for many smaller companies and larger organizations.
Internet Architecture & Website Development 09/1998
Active Server Pages 10/1998
MCSE (TCP/IP and IIS 4.0) – Dec 1999
CIW - Application Developer – May 2000
MCP - Visual InterDev – May 2000